- Summit of Himlung Himal at 7126 meters
- Panoramic views of Dhaulagiri range, Annapurna range, Manaslu and other peaks
- Trekking through Naar Phu valley a restricted area
- An essence of being in Tibet due to Tibetan cultures and monuments
- Skiing and snowboarding opportunities to professional skier
- Easiest Seven-thunders Mountain for beginners aiming for Everest climb
Overview of the Himlung Expedition
Himlung Himal (7126M) lies in the secluded Mustang region close to Tibet border. Himlung was allowed for climbing in the same year of opening of Mustang valley for tourism in 1992. Same year the first ascent of the peak was made by a Japanese expedition team.
As the peak lies in the restricted area of Nar Phu valley, the trek to the base camp itself is a magnificent experience. As the valley is between the Annapurna and Manaslu region, it is a real gem which allows the trekkers to experience both raw Himalayan nature and ancient Buddhist culture.
The Himlung can be graded as less technical and ideally best seven thousand meters peak for a beginner mountaineer who is looking forward to climbing eight thousand meters peak such as Everest. But one cannot underestimate the Himlung Himal because a large part of the ascent is covered at high altitudes around 6500 meters and required a high level of fitness. For climbing, we take the southern route and turn towards the northeastern ridge for the summit. We set our base camp at the elevation of around 4900 meters and other two higher camps for the successful ascent. The expedition will be organized and escorted by our highly skilled/qualified climbing guides and kitchen team.
On reaching the summit, one can enjoy the 360° view of Dhaulagiri Range, Annapurna Range, Manaslu and other peaks. Since we started operating Himlung expedition, we have a 100% success rate till today.